Akkas CPA & Turkish Accounting Firm is a globally recognized Turkish Accounting Firm with a long record of excellence and professional leadership in Istanbul, Turkey. Our accounting team is prepared to handle your company’s accounting services in Turkey. Akkas CPA handles all kinds of Accounting services in Turkey required to run your company in Turkey. You may reach our accountants for Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey.
Akkas CPA offers the best accounting services, at competitive prices to foreign businessmen who already established or getting ready to establish a company in Turkey.
After registering a new company in Turkey, you will need to hire an accountant & CPA in order to manage the financial issues and offer solutions to lower the costs for your business. A good accountant will help you save money and make your company more efficient in terms of costs. In a short time, if your company is managed well from all points of view, the profit will increase.
An experienced accountant knows all the rules and regulations related to your business activity and will offer you the best advice in order to protect your money. Before hiring an accountant, you should check if he/she is registered before an accounting body in Turkey, so you will be sure that he/she is a professional and you can trust him.
Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey
Companies established in accordance with laws of foreign countries can open liaison offices in Turkey provided that those offices do not carry out any commercial activities in Turkey. So as to open a liaison office in Turkey, the relevant company has to apply to the Directorate General of Foreign Investments of the Undersecretariat of Treasury.
Applications for establishment and extension are to be finalized within 5 days following the application provided that the necessary documents are complete and proper. Applications of foreign companies to establish liaison offices so as to operate in sectors subject to special legislation such as money and capital markets, insurance, etc. are assessed by the relevant regulatory and supervisory authorities.
Turkish Liaison Office Application Documents
The following documents have to be submitted to the Directorate General for establishing a liaison office in Turkey:
- The original copy of Certificate of Activity approved by the related Turkish Consulate or approved in accordance with the provisions of the Convention on the Abolishing the Requirement of Legalization for Foreign Official Documents Approval Obligation, prepared on the basis of the Hague Conference on International Private Law,
- Operational report or balance sheet and income statement of the main company,
- The original copy of power of authority issued to the name of the person who is appointed to carry out the operations of the liaison office,
- The original copy of power of attorney in case that another person will carry out the establishment transactions of the liaison office.
After an establishment permit is granted by the Directorate General of Foreign Investments, the relevant Liaison office is supposed to register to the local tax office and to send a copy of the tax office registration document to the Directorate General latest within 1 month.
Periodically Informing the Undersecreariat of Treasury
Liaison offices are supposed to provide the Directorate General with the followings every year latest until end of May so as to inform the authority about their activities of previous years. Documents certifying that the previous years expenses of the office have been covered by foreign currency transferred from abroad have to be enclosed as well.
Duration of Operation Permits and the Extensions
Liaison offices are granted operation permits for 3 years at most. For extensions, successive extensions of maximum 3 years each may be granted by taking into consideration the activities of previous years and plans and objectives for the future.
Termination of Activities
In case a liaison office terminates its activities, the termination and examination of business note to be received from the related tax office has to be submitted to the Directorate General of Foreign Investments. Liaison offices cannot claim any money transfer except the residue arising due to termination or liquidation. The Undersecretariat might cancel the permits of liaison offices in case the offices are found to have violated the legislation.
Company Establishment in Turkey
Today, clients are faced with unprecedented challenges as new laws and regulations are changing the way the corporate world works. Akkas CPA & Accounting Firm has one of the preeminent corporate governance practices in Turkey, drawing upon the expertise of our corporate, securities, governance, litigation, and compensation specialists to provide our clients with the information and analysis needed to respond to a rapidly changing regulatory environment.
We regularly advise clients with respect to Turkish Company Formation. Our services with respect to Turkish Company Formation include advising and drafting documents in connection with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, and liaison offices. We provide targeted advice with respect to both the choice of entity and Turkish laws under the entity is to be organized.
Company Types in Turkey
Our Turkish Company Formation team is experienced in formation and governance of;
- Branch Office establishment
- Liaison Office establishment
- Limited Liability Company establishment
- Joint Stock Company establishment
- Free Trade Zone Company establishment
- Joint Venture establishment
in Turkey. We maintain a unsurpassed practice counseling and representing large and small companies and boards of directors regarding entity formation and corporate governance matters. We advise our public and private clients on all matters concerning formation of new entities from corporate formalities to tax issues.
We also advise our company clients on a full range of new laws and related matters, as well as other corporate governance rules. Our clients range from small private companies with no internal legal staff to medium size companies with their own internal legal staff. For each of our clients we tailor our approach to that client’s unique requirements.
Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey Free Trade Zone
A Turkish Free Trade Zone is a specially designed production site which aims at increasing export-oriented investment and production in Turkey, accelerating the entry of foreign capital and technology into Turkey, enhancing the productivity and economies of scale and increasing the utilization of external financial sources and trade opportunities. Although an Free Trade Zone is within the boundaries of the Republic of Turkey, it is treated as if it were a territory abroad. National regulations relating to foreign trade, financial and economic areas are partially applicable to Free Trade Zones. There are 20 Free Trade Zones in Turkey and their annual trade volume amounted to more than $ 23 billion in year 2005.
Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey Free Trade Zone Services
We maintain a unsurpassed practice counseling and representing large and small companies and boards of directors regarding Turkish company formation in a Turkish Free Trade Zone and governance matters. We advise our clients on all matters concerning formation of new entities from corporate formalities to tax issues.
We regularly advise clients with respect to Turkish Company Formation. Our services with respect to Turkish company formation include advising and drafting documents in connection with the formation of corporations, limited liability companies, and Turkish liaison and branch offices. We provide targeted advice with respect to both the choice of entity and Turkish laws under the entity is to be organized.
Our clients range from small private companies with no internal legal staff to large companies with their own internal compliance teams. For each of our clients we tailor our approach to that client’s unique requirements.
Free Trade Zone Company Tax Incentives
- Production companies in one of Turkish Free Trade Zones are exempt from both corporate and income taxes
- Goods imported from abroad are exempt from customs duty. In addition, there are no restrictions on the age/model of machinery to be imported from abroad, and these items are exempt from both VAT and customs duty
- Goods purchased in Turkey by companies located in a Free Trade Zone are exempt from VAT
- Companies based in a Free Trade Zone can keep their products in a designated duty-free storage area for an indefinite period of time and they can export the products in lots at any time (at the time of export, a customs duty for the lots is paid)
- Energy, water and telephone utilities supplied within a zone are all exempt from special consumption tax (OTV) and VAT
- 100% exemption from customs duties and other assorted duties.
- 100% exemption from corporate income tax for manufacturing companies.
- 100% exemption from value-added tax (VAT) and special consumption tax.
- 100% exemption from stamp duty for applicable documents.
- 100% exemption from the real estate tax.
- 100% income and corporate tax exemption for certain logistics services to be offered at the FZs, provided that they are export-oriented.
- 100% exemption from income tax on employees’ wages (for companies that export at least 85% of the FOB value of the goods they produce in the FZs.
- Goods may remain in FZs for an unlimited period.
- Companies are free to transfer profits from FZs to abroad as well as to Turkey, without restrictions.
- Exemption from title deed fees when acquiring and selling a property.
- VAT exemption during construction, design, settlement, and approval processes.
- Ready infrastructure exempt from VAT and other taxes.
- Import permit for second-hand, used machinery.
Reach us for Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey
Our firm’s team of skilled tax professionals are up-to-date with the latest tax laws and regulations and are experienced with tax planning and compliance for a wide range of client circumstances and reporting, from self-employment and brokerage accounts, equity and incentive based compensation, foreign income, foreign asset reporting, and more.
Through proactive projection and planning, we aim to provide you with transparency into your tax liability and to tax savings opportunities when it matters so you can make more timely and informed decisions. Through the use of industry leading technology platforms and processes we are able to enhance the quality, timeliness and convenience of our tax services and security of your data. Thanks to its nationally recognized accounting services, our accounting firm is now one of the leading accounting firms in Istanbul, Turkey. You may reach our accountants for Liaison Office Establishment in Turkey by sending an email to us.